1) DH's Rx was in need of refilling. Last shopping trip to Target yielded me a coupon for $10 gift card with a transfer. I transferred it and got the gift card. Now up to $30.
2) I have a coupon for $5 off of $25 kids' clothes purchase at Target. Yesterday I found robes on sale for $10 and am in need of two (we regularly pass things down). I will also get an additional pair of gloves or socks to get it up to the $25. Again, needed item so "saving while spending."
3) I spent more than I had planned this weekend. Youngest son went to state for the soccer challenge (his older brother went and won two years ago, and oldest sister qualified but didn't compete three years ago). DH filled up the tank where gas was cheap so that was $50. The three oldest went to see "Mockingjay I" and I spent $21.50 on tickets for matinee and $5 on candy at CVS. I also had lots of other kids in the house. One young lady spends at least 2/4 weekends with us, sometimes 3/4. And we had four additional boys for a sleepover on Saturday (impromptu). Cupboards are definitely a lot lighter after that go around.
4) Being crafty and substituting items in my stash. I found several freebie patterns that I'm using and am definitely being creative. Saving $ there.
5) Today is our annual muffin making marathon. We give the teachers at the school an assortment of goodies because we are thankful for their efforts. Last month we found the cutest clearance mugs that look like owls at Michaels. I think I spent $1.25 on each. We only bought those for sons' homeroom teachers.
Odd Fiscal-Related Stuff; Jumble of Mish-mash, Disjointed
November 24th, 2014 at 05:36 am