Firstly, thanks for the responses to yesterday's dump post. If I could have found anything therapeutic with a "silent scream" I would have. It was nice to vent. And it was nice to have DH sort of laugh when I shared most of my gripes (even including MIL). His favorite go to saying is: "Others should weed their own gardens before worrying about my dandelions. But then again, I could be harvesting those leaves for wine!"
On to regularly scheduled post:
The kids are getting one item from Santa this year. One thing that they really wanted. Here is the list:
1) Pair of headphones - beats by Dr. Dre - got a great deal on groupon for $142 (could have spent $199)
2) Nintendo 3DS XL - got for $169 at Target when on sale and used additional coupons (could have spent $199)
3) One Sphero RC with cover - $129 (not sure what I could have spent)
4) One Nikon Coolpix camera - spent $184.xx on Thanksgiving (could have spent $300 and got free photo card)
5) One Michael Korrs large carryall bag - paid $150, could have spent $230 if I believe the price that TJ Maxx says other stores would have charged me.
DH and I are giving them a small basket filled with trinkets and doodads; Hershey kisses, pair of socks, pair of mittens, and then one item at the $25. So far I have spent $20 on a game for the Nintendo, will use the data card that came with camera, a $15 bottle of perfume from Juicy Couture, and a Marvel hero character watch.
DH is getting the Magic Bullet (that I used $50 Kohls cash, and then paid OOP $19) and a sweater I found a zippered pullover at Sam's Club for $14.81.
I'm feeling very happy with what I've spent (cash for most of it, except camera and Michael Korrs bag - trying for those Chase Sapphire Reward Points). I know that these are things that will be appreciated an used, and there won't be a pile of things that held interest for 14 minutes and then that was it.
How are you doing with your shopping?
Santa Shopping Complete and Making Progress
December 6th, 2014 at 02:49 pm